I don't know about you, but I love mini anything. I'm usually satisfied after just a couple bites of something, so a mini is perfect for me. Yum.
With that being said, my recipe for today is...
Mini Caramel Apple Pies. Yes, so yummy.
I looked around Pinterest and didn't really find the right recipe for me, so I kinda made my own. But using the basic idea of an apple pie.
The ingredients you'll need are:
- Granny Smith apples (I used 4 small ones)
- caramel sauce of your choice. Mine is from Trader Joe's
- Pie Crust. I was not brave enough to make mine from scratch this time, so I bought a box of mix. They also sell already made crusts near the biscuits and things at the store.
- Granulated sugar. I used just a few table spoons. I figured there was enough sugar in the caramel :)
- Flour. I only used about 1/2 a teaspoon.
- Butter. You'll need just a lil melted butter to brush the tops and some more to add to the filling.
- Cinnamon. I eyeballed this. I added enough to make it look the way I wanted it.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
I started out by cutting up the apples. My mom said I should have started with the dough. Oops, next time.
While I was doing that, my mom was getting the dough ready. She used a mason jar to get the circles we wanted for the crust.
So, we sprayed the pan. And started lining it with the crusts and added the filling.
I popped them in the oven for about 30 minutes. Keep an eye on them. The filling bubbled out a bit so you'll hear some sizzling!