Thursday, July 19, 2012

Ready for a date?

 Happy Thursday!

Today I have a fun post for you. I have been trying out a few DIY projects and this one was fun and easy to make! This project is perfect if you and your man are set and ready to go on a date... but don't know where to go. This handy dandy jar will already be full of awesome ideas, you just have to pick one. Ready to get started?! Let's get to it :)

I found this cute idea on Pinterest {of course :)} a couple weeks ago and was excited to make it!




Cute huh?! And I just happened to have all the supplies. Yes!

Since I am a very indecisive person having something to help us plan a date night makes life much easier. So I got to work!

My supplies...


  • mason jar
  • fabric scrap
  • twine
  • large Popsicle sticks
  • paint
  • tag & sharpie  
Once I got all my supplies together I painted my Popsicle sticks.
  When the dried I wrote the date ideas on them. Forgot to take a picture of this step. Some of the ideas I came up with include; dinner & a movie, dinner & a drive in movie, go to an Angels game, go for a walk & talk, a weekend getaway to Big Bear and a couple others. I have extra sticks to add ideas to.

Next it's time to decorate my mason jar. I used twine and wrapped it around the top a couple times, then tucked it into itself to hold it. Then I used my fabric scrap to tie a bow and add my tag. And that's it! This is such a fun simple project that makes going on dates a lil easier since the ideas are already lined up!

Here is the finished product...


I love how it came out! Now we just have to use it :)

Do you have any date ideas we can add to our jar?! I would love some new ideas :)

1 comment:

  1. This is such a cute idea! Thank goodness for Pinterest, you can find anything on there!

    Colleen
    Daybydaydarling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete