Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Tasty Tuesday!

So, I'm thinking of sharing recipes I have tried with you all on Tuesdays. How does that sound? Hopefully I will have opportunities to try new recipes at least once a week :)

Last week I shared with you that I tried a new cookie recipe for our first homeowners meeting. These cookies were super simple and so tasty! When I started looking for a recipe to try I immediately went to Pinterest. Can always count on it to have new things, right?! Pinterest lead me to the Six Sister's Stuff blog. Have you checked them out? They have a TON of awesome recipes!

Strawberry Whips

Ingriedients needed:

1 regular sized tub of Cool Whip
2 eggs
1 box of cake mix (the original recipe called for lemon)
powdered sugar (for coating the dough before baking)

Ingredients. So simple.
Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Lightly grease a cookie sheet
Put Cool Whip and eggs into a mixing bowl and beat together
Pour cake mix into Cool Whip/egg mix and beat until combined (the dough will be pretty sticky)
Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes (makes it easier to work with)
Using a spoon, scoop dough into powdered sugar and coat. Once it is coated use your hands to make into a ball and place on cookie sheet (this can get messy! try to use your hands as little as possible until the dough is coated with the powdered sugar, makes it easier to work with)
Before putting them in the oven I sprinkled a bit more powdered sugar onto each ball so they would stay coated in white
Bake for about 10 minutes, place on wire rack to cool 

Cool Whip & Eggs
Beat together
Cake mix, Cool Whip & eggs beat together
Ready for the oven!
The finished cookie!
These cookies are incredibly light and fluffy. My mom said they are like marshmallows. So, like I said before, the original recipe called for lemon cake mix BUT when I went to Target to get supplies, they were out! So I decided to try strawberry mix. Came out great! Next time I will do lemon and the time after that chocolate :)


No comments:

Post a Comment