Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Wedding Anniversay Month {part 3}

Hey guys! Ready for part 3 of our pre wedding story?! I'm excited to share it. Since this is the part with the proposal it's extra fun :)

Before I get to our proposal story, I forgot to mention something important! We went through pre engagement counseling with our Pastor before we got the ok to take the next step. We went through a work book with him and talked through some challenging aspects of marriage. I definitely recommend this type of counseling before getting engaged. It really helped us both get on the same page with things as well as make sure that God was the foundation of our relationship. I feel that our marriage is much stronger because of this counseling.

So, I left off last week by saying I was bummed that he didn't propose on Valentine's Day. But, he made up for it.

One week later, February 21, 2011 he took me to the beach. Dana Point, so so pretty. And this time I wasn't expecting a proposal, I was just enjoying our time together.

This is a special place for us because it's where we came for one of our first dates. We walked along the beach and talked. It was the best.

And that's exactly what we did this time around. We walked to this lil cove that was adorable but had a ton of dead seaweed all around and smelled so bad!! So, we turned and started walking back.

Within a few steps he stopped and got down on one knee. I was shocked. He asked me to marry him. I was still shocked. I got down with him and said yes!! It was perfect.

We both had smiles plastered to our faces. So so so happy.

On our walk back to the car he said he was nervous. I could feel his heart pounding. And he also said he wanted to propose in the lil cove but it was too stinky. Haha. It didn't go exactly as he planned but I wouldn't have changed a thing.

We went back to my house and told my family. They were so excited! He had asked them for their permission to propose, so they knew it was coming soon.

It was such a wonderful evening. I wanted to be married right then!

Next we were ready to get planning. But first we had to set a date. Summer. July. 4 months to plan our wedding! We got a few surprised faces when we told people. But we pulled it off :)

My engagement ring. Beautiful.
A few of our engagement pictures taken by my awesome sister :) ...

We had so much fun taking these pictures. My sister has such a great eye for things like this :)

Hope you're enjoying our wedding story. It's been fun remembering all the details. Stay tuned for part 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment